Thursday, September 23, 2010

Ready...Get Set...

I am finally sitting down at a decently tidy desk trying to write my first proper entry into my blog. After many encouragements from family and friends, I’ve finally decided that instead of reading about other people’s experiences, why not write and share my own experiences. My passion is for food. All types of food from all places. I love spending an hour or two browsing the aisles of Woolies or Coles just to find new ingredients that can be used. Whenever I can, I drive to the local market at lunch break just to find inspiration for dinner and smell the fresh bread and donuts from nearby cafes. Mm...donuts....I love nothing better to sit in a small, hidden cafĂ© drinking coffee. I get excited when people talk about new restaurants or good places to eat and feel a tingle down my spine whenever I’m presented with nicely plated food. Every night, I spend about an hour going through food blogs before bed which isn’t great because it almost always make me hungry and in need of some supper before bed.

I think you get the gist. I love my food. Whether cooking it or eating it, reading about it or dreaming about it...I thank God daily for food but more importantly, that we can have 6 meals a day and be ready for more the next day!! :D

So, I need some inspiration to write my blog. Should I just talk about food in general? Isn’t that just boring? What if I write about my eating adventures? That’s all good but where do I start? Unfortunately, I am a systematic person (most of the time) and I need a system. A way to discipline myself. Something to direct my path...After thinking about it for awhile, I thought, maybe, instead of random selections of eateries or random entries into the blog, I’ll start with A and slowly eat my way to Z. Not sure if my purse will like it but I’m sure my credit card company wouldn’t mind it. O well, at least I’ll have a legitimate reason to take lots of photos of food and not be too self-conscious about it.

Where do I find this first for my first 'official work?? Google, OF COURSE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment